Tuesday 23 October 2007

Why do I have Prince running around in my head?

Well, not literally running. And not either of The Princes, but rather the artist formerly known as the Artist Formerly Known as Prince. And actually, it's not that at all - it's Purple Haze, not Purple Rain... I guess the fact that I grew up in the 80s rather than the 70s makes me associate purple with Prince, not Hendrix...

Phew. Anyone else confused yet??

What I am, of course, trying to talk about is my new scarf, Purple Haze, done in Tunisian crochet using another alpaca blend yarn, this time by Wendy. I'm not sure why I gravitate to alpaca wools - I do have sensitive skin, and they are less scratchy than sheep's wool, and also, it's just a cool word, which I'm also into being an English teacher... But there's also the fact that alpaca is everywhere! We've obviously hit a trend. (And I've got another 3 balls of alpaca stashed away for a new project... heeheehee...)

Anyway, whatever your favourite animal, this is a lovely light and snuggly scarf to wrap up in. And judging from the frost on my lawn this morning, winter's a-comin'!!

No comments: