Friday 26 October 2007

I think Etsy is taking over my life...

First of all, it's after midnight, and I'm usually always snoring (or so my husband tells me!) by about 10 pm. And while this is my holidays (half-term week in the UK), this is the fifth night in a row that I've been up at least this late.

Because Etsy is taking over my life!

I have to say, it's my own fault. Last Christmas I had an idea to make some extra money by selling scarves at my school's Christmas fete. So, I made about 45 scarves, rented a table, and showed up on time.

And sold one scarf. Oh - and a crocheted dishcloth. Yay.

For my first experience of selling my stuff, it was a real downer - and I was left with a box full of scarves. I did manage to flog some of them off to friends, and gave some away as gifts, and donated some to the church jumble sale, but I was still left with about twenty. So in the summer, when I found Etsy, it seemed the ideal solution! So I signed up, uploaded all my pictures, and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Cause I'd missed the bit about where you have to promote yourself... So now that I have some time to think about things other than national curriculum levels in keystage 3 English, I've taken some (all) of my time this week to do stuff on Etsy. I started this blog. I added more items to my shop. I'm now addicted to the forums. My butt is flat from the stupid chair we have in the office. And now I'm panicking because I have 1 day left to do school work that will take 4 days, and I don't want to do anything but crochet.

I. Am. Mad. Crazy. Loonie.

~~maybe i should quit teaching and go into business full time...~~ Yayayayaya!! Except I already spent all my prospective first year's profits on Etsy stuff.

Ooops.

~sigh~ So, I guess I need to come back to the real world, where I'm too tired to crochet, and I actually do feel like a moose, and get with the program with stuff that actually makes me some real money. And hope the the two sales I had this week ~~Yay!!!! and double Yay!!!!!~~ start generating some actual business...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Etsy has some type of subliminal message encrypted in those forums! LOL! I too have become addicted. I love looking through new shops and meeting new artisans.

Love your work!
Deanna

Moose! said...

Thanks Deanna! :o)

Ivy Arts said...

Another victim of the Etsy addiction. Count me in as well. Nice blog.